Reminders of general protocols to prevent and minimize risk for respiratory airborne illness:
- Inform patients to take sufficient precautions to stay healthy.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when sick, except to get medical care.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Cover coughs or sneezes with a tissue, then throw tissue in the trash and wash hands.